first_imgBatesville Fire and Rescue responds to Romweber Flats.Batesville, IN — Batesville Fire & Rescue responded to a report of a fire at an apartment unit in Romweber Flats around 9:10 a.m. Sunday morning.Firefighters arrived at the third-floor unit and observed smoke and fire coming from the kitchen area. The fire was contained to the kitchen area due to the activation of a sprinkler system, as well as the immediate action of firefighters. Crews performed search and rescue efforts while also evacuating tenants of the complex as a precaution.The fire appears to have started on or near the kitchen stove. Multiple apartment units suffered water damage from the sprinkler system. No injuries were reported.Residents evacuate Romweber Flats and Big 4 Cafe as Batesville Fire and Rescue responds to an apartment kitchen fire.Batesville Fire & Rescue reminds residents to keep things that can catch fire, such as paper or dish towels, at least three feet from the stove.Morris Volunteer Fire Department and Oldenburg Eagle Fire Company provided mutual aid.last_img